- Government of, by, and for the people should work for the 99%, not just the wealthy & privileged.
- The way to achieve that is by building a reflective democracy, one that includes everyone and where all voices are heard.
We will oppose ideas that are contrary to our guiding principles, and support ideas that are better, by:
- Transparently researching issues, candidates and ideas, and making that research easy for citizens to use
- Creating bipartisan groups of people to meet with our representatives and their staff
- Supporting candidates that agree with our issues – and vigorously opposing ones who don’t – including down ticket races
- Growing an ever broader movement, including more groups and people
We don’t have control over whether the Senate, Congress, Governors or State Legislatures flip in 2018 or 2020. Some races may not be possible to win. But we do have control over making as strong a case for our ideas as we can, and building an inclusive and participatory movement that includes as many people as possible. That’s why we’re doing this.
Read the Indivisible Guide. Commit it to memory. Hand it out on street corners. It’s pretty much going to be our Bible for this.
What We Want
We believe that while there are a lot of bad ideas that need opposing right now, we also need to fight for a positive agenda. Check out the Congress and Senate grids to see how we’re doing on that agenda.
We are non-partisan, but pro-partisan
We believe that the decay of political parties, particularly at the local level, has been a very negative development for the United States. We are pro-partisan! We believe every American has a right and an opportunity to party build locally, and that they should. Local party building is deeply rewarding and helps citizens understand and experience politics in a way that nothing else can. However, while it’s true that many of our issues have been more associated with Democrats or Greens, our issues are common sense and shared by large majorities of Americans. We believe elected representatives of all parties should support our issues.
Other Inspiring Groups